Thursday, August 07, 2008

Missing California...just a little

We are very happy to be back in Memphis, but I must say there are some things I miss about California.

Mostly I miss our friends. We didn't make a lot of friends while we were there, but the ones we did make were amazing and I wish we could have brought them with us. I speak specifically about Julio and Fabienne (and their daughter, Morgane, of course) and Petra and Krasen.



I think of them everyday. I hope they will all visit us!

I also miss how beautiful California is. The weather was wonderful and the scenery was beautiful. We could admire it from almost every window in our house. My favorite was the view from one of my bedroom windows.


I would lie in bed and imagine I was on vacation somewhere tropical and this was the view out my hotel window. Nice.

Of course, there are many things I do not miss about California. The crowds and the traffic are the first things that come to mind, but I don't have any pictures of those to share with you. However, I do have a picture of my least favorite thing about California: SPIDERS. The place was lousy with them. I found this one just outside my back door one night.


I think he was about to let himself in and help himself to a beer and the remote, but I scared him off. (If you look closely you will see he is on his way to devour a slug. This guy does not limit himself to insects and he does not wait for things to get stuck in his web!)

So, if Julio, Fabienne, Petra and Krasen can stay safe from the enormous beer drinking spiders, we will hopefully see them soon and then I won't miss California so much.

No comments: