Monday, August 18, 2008

Ev's new ride


Ev turns 16 on September 25. Although he does not have his license yet, nor even his learner's permit, he's got a sweet ride waiting for him when he finally gets them.

The day I arrived back in Memphis I found out a good friend of ours was selling the '96 Volvo his daughter drove in high school and college. Scott and I had been discussing getting Everett a car and had worked out a deal with him where we would match any dollar amount he saved to buy one. Well, we weren't planning on getting one so soon, but our friend offered us a great deal and our number one priority for the car Ev would get was safety, so we couldn't pass up the Volvo. Ev still has to save some money to cover his half, but he doesn't have far to go.

I think Ev had imagined something like this for his first car:


But once he gets behind the wheel of the Volvo (and when he comes out of his first wreck without a scratch) I know he'll fall in love with it.

No comments: