Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Home for Sale

We chose a realtor last week and the house is officially going on the market this Thursday. Our agent is bringing in a "stager" on Wednesday evening who will look around and give us tips on how better to present the house and (particularly) make it look more spacious than it is. I moved many many times as a kid and watched my mom get houses into shape to sell and I have sold two houses FSBO, so I feel like I have done a pretty good job staging this house, but I am anxious to hear her suggestions.

Our realtor is also giving all the agents in her office a tour on Wednesday morning. Their comments I am not so anxious to hear.

When people come to see the house during the day, Jammer and Archie will be outside in the backyard. I really hope they behave themselves. Quite often if Archie is outside and wants to get inside because he thinks something exciting is going on in there, he will belt out a high-pitched, ear piercing howl. He also does this if Jammer starts playing through the fence with Coco next door and won't include Archie. It sounds like someone is squeezing his tiny pigfoot in a pair of plyers and I could see where it might be a turn-off to prospective buyers. We thought about sticking our dogs next door with Coco, but then the prospective buyer would hear three spastic dogs next door, one of them probably screeching like a banshee, and would surely decide quite quickly that ours is not the house for them. Let's just hope most people visit in the evening so we can remove the dogs from the area entirely.

No comments: