Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bye, bye, birdies

I have two budgies, Harvey and Crow. Harvey is pictured below (I don't have a picture of Crow).

Every morning, if the weather is going to be nice, I put the birds' cage outside. They love being out there in the fresh air with all the wild birds flying around. Well, Monday, after hanging the them outside and then running errands, I came home to find this:

The cage door was wide open and the birds were gone! I was so sad! As I stood on the patio scanning the trees behind our house, I could hear one of my birds tweeting out there somewhere, but could not see it. After Ev got home, we went outside to look for them, and once again we could hear one of them chirping. Sure enough, after a few minutes, we saw Crow fly in front of us and then way up into one the huge trees behind our yard. She is hard to spot, but here is a picture of her in the tree. She is the tiny yellow speck in the upper right hand corner:

That is the last we have seen of either one of them. I have left the cage outside, with the door open, just in case they change their mind, but I don't think they are coming home. :( Although my friend Ronnie told me about a buddy of his who had a parrot that flew away one day and then showed up again five years later!! So who knows...

1 comment:

NAVTEJ SINGH said...

I sure wish and pray that the birds will one day fly back to their cage, and bring back the lost happiness to you and other members of your family.