Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Oh, Happy Day!

I won't go on an on about the election results, because I know some of you are not as happy as I am right now. Just let me say I feel like it's Christmas and Santa came last night and brought me just what I wanted, plus something special in my stocking (Rummy's resignation) just 'cause I've been such a good girl! Let's all hope this is a step in the right direction.

I don't have much wrestling news. Ev didn't get to wrestle last Thursday (again, there was no one in his weight class on the other team) and Tuesday's match got cancelled. Hopefully he will see some action when they wrestle Cupertino Middle School this Thursday.

Scott and I saw Borat last weekend and it was the funniest thing I have seen in years and years! Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius. The movie is definitely not for everyone (we did not take Everett!), but I loved it!

I am very ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas to get here! I want to decorate for Christmas now, but Scott (Scrooge) says I can't do that until after Thanksgiving. I think I am throwing myself into the Holidays because I don't want to think about the fact that we will not be seeing our family and friends this season. Unfortunately traveling is not in the budget now, but we will take a trip next year after I start working and bringing home some bacon. Then the trouble will be deciding whether to visit Memphis or Michigan first!

I miss everyone! Bye for now!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited too! I feel liek waering my "kerry is a rockstar" shirt everywhere.

By the way, I miss you guys so much. Jill, I just found a hard copy of my resume last week - my comouter crashed and I lost the electronic version. Do you still want a copy??

When you do want company because Frenchy and I are ready to see you. Perhaps in the spring???

Unknown said...

i'm at work, so typing fast, . . . sorry for the typos!

Jill H. Brown said...

Hey, Rachel! We would love love love it if you guys came for a visit. I will be taking the bar at the end of February, so anytime after that will be great!

Don't worry about the resume right now. Maybe when I am ready to send mine out you would be willing to look it over and offer some feed-back?

Kisses to Frenchy!

Shawn Morton said...

Don't forget that Louisville is right in middle.

Bigmammy said...

First of all, we are so excited about the election. KY actually voted in a Democrat! :)
We miss you guys and hope to see you all at some point soon. Maybe we can plan a meet up when you go to Memphis... since being prego, I probably will not be traveling soon.
Miss you guys.

Jill H. Brown said...

Ok, how about this: we come to Louisville, and then anyone in Memphis or Michigan who is interested in seeing us has to come there too! (just kidding, mom!)

Miss Thang said...

Why would anybody avoid talking about election results. Now maybe the Dems can move onto the impeachment of Bush. Miss Thang believes that two people who need to be removed from their positions are Geo. W. Bush and that horse-faced homewrecker who married Prince Charles.
Miss Thang is also aware that people from Tennessee are socially deprived so it is Miss Thang's mission to teach Jill how to socially fit into the more acceptable circles of the Bay Area. Jill, leave your unfamiliar and foreign customs to the underprivileged people in Tennessee, such as double dipping. Oh, the lower level challenges that Miss Thang stoops to.
The Royal Seal of the Queen
Miss Thang